Thursday, April 23, 2009

update

OK for those of you who ever doubted that I went to the most beautiful place on earth for a Mission here is the proof. These are pictures I found on our mission website. I have been to two of these places. On the Left is the Traunsee










Caden loved this picture. This is Heiligenblut. I have never been there but it was in my zone at one point.

















This is an amazing place called Hallstadt. I do have pictures of this. The train passes by the town on the opposite side of the lake. Gorgeous!!!!










OK, Easter was pretty fun. I had just gotten home from a trip to Washington. Scroll down for pictures. It was about 11:30 Friday night and we realized we hadn't had the kids fill the plastic eggs with Candy for the Easter Bunny to hide. (Noone except Connie will eat Hard Boiled Eggs) So we left them empty. The Easter Bunny hid them upstairs, down stairs and in the front and back yards.

The Candy was left in a bowl and hidden under the Futon downstairs. This is the scene as Anna has looked under the Futon and found nothing









So Kenny looks a minute later and apparently sees nothing.





Jacie of Course finds the bowl.





And couldn't be prouder of herself. She tried to convince us she got the whole thing since she found it.
The really funny part was the kids didn't realize the eggs were empty until they were almost done finding them. And who discovered that? You guessed it. Jacie. It was pretty funny.
























My trip to Washington was fun. I spent Thursday in Moses Lake. I didn't have anything else to do. Much to my chagrin I only took pictures of the Palmer kids. They were pretty funny.
Eli laughing




Enoch and Joel making faces. This is between faces. Joel kept telling me knock, knock jokes. He was hilarious.












Naomi wanted to make faces too. She said, "I can do this," "and This, and this"
This picture is the cutest. She even gave me a big hug when I left. I felt so special. Last time she wouldn't even come to me.




Grant and Brooklyn on the Trampoline.
Grant was pretty shocked when he walked across the grass after school and saw me come out of the house. "Uncle Randy, what are you doing here?" then he gave me a hug.
HE HE











The cake wasn't quite big enough for all the candles. Especially since the girls could not find the birthday candles and used the huge emergency candles.




it's in the design of a smiley face.














Now that's a lot of hot air.














3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

You Smiths are nuts! And if you think Austria is beautiful you should see some of the pictures scott took of Norway! I couldn't believe how beautiful it could be!

Michele said...

fun! Those pics of Austria are fabulous. When are we going? I'm serious. So happy birthday again to you and Connie! That cake looked good. Love you guys!

Char said...

traded in the hair for air, I see :) hehehe