Monday, April 7, 2008

Psych!!

Ok, so if you haven't heard the St. George deal is currently off. Since we are still experiencing snow and 30 degree temperatures, we're thinking St. George would have been nice. But, they needed someone down there sooner than I could go and someone from the Salt Lake office volunteered. Now they are looking to add an office in Eastern Idaho within the next two month's so, I am struggling to decide what I really want to do. Fortunately, for the present, both options do not require moving. Unfortunately, our lease is up the end of June and we might need to move residences any way.
UPdate as to kids:
Randall was on the Blackfoot High School Mock Trial team that took 3rd in the State! It is the best Blackfoot has everdone in that competition. Randall is so upset they did not win it that he is taking the Mock Trial Class next year! Randall is also starting private lessons on Trombone. He hopes this will improve his chances at State solo and ensemble competitions. They had a scholarship available for private lessons so he was volunteered by his band director. The only guys that beat him at the regional competition all have private lessons. The guy that took first scored 33 of 35 possible, The second place guy score 32.5 and Randall and two others tied with 32 of 35. Now if we could get him a job and his eagle.

Anna did well in her debate tournaments being named as an alternate to the State debate team. She really enjoys it. It has created in her an burning interest in politics, especially since the topics are all political hot-buttons. She and Randall and I spent about an hour after dinner the other night in an impromptu question and answer session. It was fun. She's our super student and I would not be surprised to see her in Law School at some point. Poor thing! Anna is also a wonderful young lady and I'm going to have to start beating the boys back with sticks soon.

Kenny is a wonderful happy kid and always has a joke. Sometimes they are even funny. Kenny is excited to be in High School next year. I'm not sure the feeling is mutual. THe interesting thing will be how he and Randall handle being in German class together. Kenny is also excited to be in the Marching Band next year. He is still playing the Trumpet and is really good and improving. Randall has been helping him lately. It's fun to see them grow closer. Kenny was also recently made the Deacon's Quorum President. All indications are that he is doing well and learning to delegate (or is that command?).

Jacie is in the School play and will be performing on the 9th. She is also in choir and really enjoys it. She has a beautiful voice. Takes after her mother. Unfortunately we can't get her to sing in the ward choir. She is a pleaser and tries to help everyone feel cared for. She has soo many friends, I'm not sure that there is anyone in the school she does not consider a friend. Jacie also loves to run. I think the wind blowing through her hair is the thing she really enjoys, it makes her feel like she is on a horse. Jacie knows just about everything about horses. Some day she will be a Vet I am sure.

Caden is working on going to his left, when it is not in a sling because he sprained it jumping out of Grandpa's hammock. Caden is slowed down a little this week, he has a couple of moles cut off his back last week and has 11 stiches. He's starting to enjoy reading more and is almost half-way through the first Harry Potter book.

Wendy do you still want my dog? Please? How about both of them?

Hopefully I will get some more pictures up here soon. Of course with me soon is relative.
GOtta go, Kansas and Memphis in less than two hours and we need to get FHE done first.

Randy

No comments: