Thursday, May 22, 2008

Same Stuff, Different Day

Well, we are still here in Blackfoot, and still working in the same place. I am not exactly expecting that to change. We are looking for a house to buy as our lease is up the end of June and the owners want to sell the house. The way things have been going they should be able to sell it in a week or less.
We did settle the Lawsuit at the end of March and should be recieving a check any day. It isn't the millions we dreamed of but it will help get the debts paid off. Except the Student Loans which I think my Grandkids might inherit. That is assuming I have any. Anna won't have any because she won't change diapers. Jacie would rather have horses. But, my boys might come through. Kenny at least likes babies.
The kids are all doing well. Randall tries out for Drum Major next week. Part of the process of deciding on the Drum Majors requires the band to vote. Randall is a little concerned that the Percussion section is not going to vote for him, because they want him to play the drums in the Marching Band. Apparently he's pretty good. Randall did get his letter last week for Band. Unfortunately we moved last year before they awarded Letters for Band, but he found out he would have lettered there as well.
Kenny is the sound crew chief for the school play this week. He is really enjoying it, although I think he would have preferred to have been on stage. He didn't have that opportunity however, because this is his first year of Drama. The first year students are the tech crew. Kenny also talked to me last night about how he saw kids at school who were struggling with self-esteem and depression and he thought he might could help. He wanted to know what I thought about him starting a peer-counseling group. I was really impressed. He was very excited about the idea and spent about 1/2 hour telling me how he arrived at the idea and how he envisioned it working. Then I reminded him that there was only two weeks left in the school year and it probably was not feasible this year, and that I thought the High School already had something similar.
Connie got herself elected to the Band Boosters board last night. I am so excited.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

No comments: